Anemia is a disease closely associated with blood, red blood precisely. This disease can affect both men and women, also did not know the age of the sufferer. The most common in women ranging from adolescence to old age. Although actually can affect anyone.
Anemia is a condition in which the levels of hemoglobin (Hb) or the number of erythrocytes (red blood cells) in the blood that is less than the normal value. Normal values differ between men and women. A person suffering from anemia when hemoglobin less than 13.5 in men and in women less than 12.0, and hematocrit (HCT) in men less than 41 and in women less than 36.
Although we can expect a person affected by anemia of symptoms that appear on the eyes, but actually still need to do blood tests in the laboratory, so that we do not just assume.
What are the symptoms of anemia?
- Hair loss.
- Easy brittle nails.
- Pale skin and eyes.
- Dry mouth and throat.
- The body is weak, easily fatigued, and easily hurt.
- Shortness of breath, palpitations, and difficulty concentrating.
- From the squat then stand experiencing fireflies.
What causes anemia?
While the causes of anemia are as follows:
- Loss of red blood cells (bleeding), such as menstruation, defecation blackish or bleeding.
- Chronic diseases, such as liver disease, kidney disease, chronic infection, malignancy (cancer), and connective tissue diseases.
- Genetic (G6PD enzyme deficiency, hemoglobinopathy, thalassemia).
Anemia occurs when the hemoglobin level in the blood is less than normal. This results in reduced oxygen levels in the blood.
Unfortunately, the symptoms of anemia is felt at an advanced stage, although iron deficiency has occurred since the early stages. For example, anemia causes increased heart performance to increase the amount of blood. If there is a long time, the heart will change the form of the enlargement of the heart muscle and can lead to heart failure.
What should be done to prevent anemia?
To prevent anemia can be done by eating food sources of iron, both animal and vegetable sources. Animal sources for example meat, liver, fish and poultry. While plant sources can be obtained from green vegetables.
In addition, anemia can also be prevented by taking iron supplements, exercise, enough sleep, and reduce the consumption of foods that inhibit iron absorption such as coffee and tea.
After consuming meat or green vegetables contain lots of iron, do not drink coffee or tea directly because it will make the iron contained in these foods is not absorbed by the body. After 2 hours of eating these foods can only drink tea or coffee.
Because women experience menstruation, pregnancy, lactation, and diet foods contain iron, the women tend to risk of anemia than men. It's important to know how to prevent anemia early in view of the risks and dangers of this iron deficiency.
11 Nursing Diagnosis for Anemia
- Activity Intolerance
- Impaired oral mucous membrane
- Imbalanced Nutrition: Less than Body Requirements
- Risk for Infection
- Risk for deficient fluid volume
- Deficient Knowledge regarding condition, prognosis, treatment, self-care, prevention of crisis, and discharge needs,
- Ineffective coping
- Ineffective thermoregulation.
Nursing Diagnosis for Anemia