Bronchiectasis is a disease characterized by the presence of dilatation and local bronchial distortion, which are pathological and chronic, persistent or irreversible. Bronchial disorders are caused by changes in the bronchial wall in the form of destruction of elastic elements, bronchial smooth muscles, cartilage and blood vessels.
Dilatation of the bronchi in bronchiectasis associated with destruction and inflammation in the airway wall are medium size, often in bronchial segmentalis or subsegmentalis. Inflammation is primarily mediated by neutrophils and because of the increased regulation of enzymes such as elastase and matrix metalloproteinases.
Nursing Care Plan for Bronchiectasis
Nursing Diagnosis for Bronchiectasis
- Ineffective airway clearance related to increased production of viscous secretions or secretion
- Impaired gas exchange related to oxygen supply disruptions and damage to the alveoli
- Imbalanced nutrition: less than body requirements related to nausea, vomiting, sputum production, dispneu
- Risk of infection related to chronic disease process, malnutrition.
- Anxiety related to fear of difficulty breathing during an exacerbation phase, lack of knowledge about the treatment that will be implemented
- Activity intolerance related to damage to of gas exchange