Urolithiasis is the condition where urinary calculi are formed or located anywhere in the urinary system. The term nephrolithiasis (or "renal calculus") refers to stones that are in the kidney, while ureterolithiasis refers to stones that are in the ureter. The term cystolithiasis (or vesical calculi) refers to stones which form or have passed into the bladder.
Nursing Diagnosis for Urolithiasis
- Acute pain related to an increase in the frequency / impulse ureteral contraction and tissue trauma, edema formation, cellular ischemia.
- Impaired urinary elimination related to the stimulation of the bladder stones, kidney or ureteral irritation.
- Ineffective Thermoregulation related to the infection process.
- Anxiety related to lack of knowledge of the disease process.
- Risk for deficient fluid volume related to nausea / vomiting (nausea) and diuresis obstruction.
- Risk for Infection related to the formation of stones in the urinary tract.